• CMP Students can register in the 1 credit hour MTH243 course. The course is usually offered once a year.
• MTH243 combined with NGN111 will replace STA201.
• In case the student is graduating and MTH243 is not offered, the student can request a 1-credit Independent Study, but a faculty has to agree to offer that.
• Students can elect to follow:
1) the catalog year in which they joined AUS, or
2) the catalog year in which they transferred to their current major, or
3) the catalog year of their graduation year.
• Students can fill the “Change of Catalog” form in the registrar.
• In case the students are enrolled in a MINOR, they will need to follow the same catalog year used for their MAJOR degree.
• If the minor did not exist when the major was started, in order to satisfy the requirements of the minor, students will follow the first catalog where the minor appears.
• · In addition to the course prerequisites, you need to be in Senior Standing (i.e. have earned 90 credit hours).
• Students are allowed to take one independent study.
• A second independent study could be approved by the student’s associate dean for graduation purposes only.
• Independent study course can be 1 to 4 credit hours long.
• Students cannot use an Independent Study to replace a:
o REQUIRED course, or
o GER course, or
o Free Elective
• Students can use an Independent Study to replace an Major Elective course.
• Students are not allowed to repeat courses in an independent course format.
• To be eligible to apply for an independent course, students must be in good standing.
• A faculty must agree to supervise the independent study.
• Yes it will. Note that the extra credit hour will not be counted / split in any other area.
• Computer Engineering students can take MCE 224 to satisfy MCE 225 requirement only if there is a time conflict or he/she cannot secure a seat in MCE 225 then it will be an acceptable alternative. Note that the extra credit hour will not be counted / split in any other area.
• Students must be in Junior II status (i.e. have 75 earned credit hours) before they start the internship.
• Students must get the approval of the internship coordinator before starting the internship.
• The internship must be at least 5 weeks long and should not overlap with courses.
• The 5 weeks cannot be split through two periods (e.g. 4 weeks + 1 week).
• Students can register for the internship in the Fall, Spring, Summer I or Summer II terms.
• In case the students register for the internship in the Fall or Spring, they can concurrently take a maximum of 2 courses (7 credit hours).
• In case the students register for the internship in Summer I, they cannot register for any courses that term.